German Flashcards Mobile App
Sorry, there are no versions of this app available for you to install on this device. If you are trying to access this page with a desktop PC, please retry on your mobile device.
Click the icon above to download the app.
For installation instructions, see the link below.
In order to install this app, you will need to enable installation of apps from "unkown sources".
Enable Non-Market Apps
Download and Install the App
Click on the link to download the app on the previous page.
Once it has downloaded you'll see a notification in the top left. Pull your notification bar down to see the "Download complete" entry and click it.
The app installer will open and ask you to confirm installation. Once installed, you can launch the app.
From your iOS mobile device, click the link to install the app. You will be asked to confirm that you want to install.
After that, you may be asked to also install the app's provisioning profile, which is necessary to run the app. Click to install it, then you should see the app start to install on your home screen. Once finished you can then launch the app.
Chinese 101 Character Trainer App
The Xiezi Character Trainer app from Clavis Sinica is designed to help you learn to write the characters required for each lesson in the first-year course. It will show you how to write each character and give you immediate feedback on each stroke when you practice writing it yourself. A brief online video demonstrating the main features of the app can be viewed on YouTube.
The app is available for iPad, iPod Touch, and iPhone devices running iOS 4.0 or higher and Android devices running Android 2.3 or higher. This app is still a work in progress and may contain occasional errors. Please send comments and bug reports to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Touch the CS icon to launch the app
- Select desired lesson
- From the main character grid screen, you have four options:
- Touch any character to learn how it is drawn and to practice writing it
- Select Train mode to practice all the characters in textbook order
- Select Drill mode to begin a randomized flashcards session on all the characters (no character outline is shown, and missed characters are returned to the deck)
- Select Test mode to begin a test session on all the characters (no character outline is shown, and you get only one try with each character)
- The character grid screen scrolls up and down. Drag it up to view the bottom two rows.
- The X button at the bottom of the character practice screen clears all currently drawn strokes
- The "Yi" button draws the next stroke
- The "Quan" button draws the entire character
- The ? button gives you a hint on where to begin the next stroke
- The Gear button allows you to change app settings, including drawing speed
The Character Trainer app is one of several Chinese language learning tools developed by Clavis Sinica. Some of the more popular free resources on the Clavis Sinica website include the following:
- Chinese Radical Trainer - Helps you learn to recognize and write 24 of the most common Chinese radicals (currently available for iOS only).
- Chinese Character Test - Estimates the number of characters you recognize based on a short online test.
- Chinese Text Annotator - Displays in-line pinyin annotation for any simplified Chinese text.
- Chinese Vocabulary Extractor - Creates a vocabulary review list with pinyin and English definitions for any simplified Chinese text.
- Chinese Dictionary - Enables quick on-line dictionary look-ups by pinyin, characters, or English word.